Friday, June 21, 2013

I have arrived!


Arrival in England!


Bus to MTC
MTC Entry.  They don't know how to spell here.
My Companion, Elder Human, From South Africa
                                       
Room Roster at MTC
                                                                 


They give me an hour every P day to email and it goes by super fast. Remember to tell Devin to change my facebook name to Elder Rick Hanson and tell him to make sure to keep it updated.
I talked to a Scotsman that works in the food court and I couldn’t understand a thing he said. We met some elders from the states that talked with a perfect English accent and you couldn’t tell they were from America.
They do have peanut butter in stores here. They do call fries ‘French fries’ here still but chips are more like Jojos from home.  They call the bathrooms ‘the toilet’.  The cars are all really small and plastic-y, haha, but I think they are awesome.

I’ve run the grounds a couple times this week.  A lot of people do it, but I’m usually wa-a-a-y too tired. I usually go to the gym but I’ve played basketball and I really like football (soccer) I never really did, but now I think it’s fun.  
We have 4 elders in my room, Elder Allen from the airport, Elder Lee, and my companion Elder Human, from South Africa  All the other Elders are all super nice guys and it’s like I have known them my entire life.  I love them and will never forget them. My companion is a white Elder from South Africa with a British-like accent and just found out for the first time in his life that he has a lisp. My district is the smallest, so everyone is a lot closer 
We do a lot of role playing!  The people may not be real but they all are playing as people that they used to teach and they become that person.
I only went on the streets for a little run but I was amazed at how beautiful everything is.  
I just went to the temple today right before writing this and I loved it, it was small but amazing  
Most of the missionaries are from Utah and Arizona, 3 Washington, and 1 Australia, and 1 Thailand, and Elder Human from South Africa.  Everyone at the MTC is new and will all be leaving at the same time.  There are around 50 Elders. Most of the sisters are going to the England mission 
I am dead tired!  I have never been this tired in my life and I didn’t sleep at all on the plane so I was awake until 10:30 PM here.
Sorry if I couldn’t get all the pictures, they are a little big and it takes too long to send but I will send them next week.  There is a picture from the door outside of our room and a picture of me and my companion and the last picture is from the view from the food court.
Sorry for all the random responses.  

I LOVE YOU!!!  Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment