Monday, November 18, 2013

Airdrie is great!

This week was really good, we are getting things moving along.  We have gotten at least a couple new investigators a week since we have been out here.  I'm having so much fun and just figuring out that I need to be myself, but my BEST self.  We chapped on the door of a young man and his girlfriend and his younger brother.  They like having us over and say to stop by whenever we are around. They are very promising and we get along with them really well.  They are also just funny to be around. His girlfriend is religious but he is not, but his girlfriend is actually really interested and agrees with everything we have said. I know that I have a lot of work ahead of me but I just need to keep pulling along. 
Yeah! I got the package on Tuesday and its amazing.  It made me so happy.  I almost forgot that I could get packages.  I looked at the socks and thought they were cool, then I noticed the logo and freaked out that they are Shaycarl socks and they are amazing and the beef jerky was super good! 
I only have the two sweaters that I went out with, the brown one and the black one, and I can't wear the one with the design unless I have a jacket over it.

Love, Elder Hanson 




It's getting really cold here.  A member gave me this coat.
It is really thick.
They have a lot of graveyards here and some are really spooky.


I love my socks, I call them my flat socks because I put them
on as soon as I get back to the flat at night.


I think we will be okay with sweeties (candy) for a while.

Letter home, received November 27, 2013

Dear Family                                                                                                                                 Airdree Scotland

November 11, 2013
Today was an awesome p-day.  We went to Glasgow Queen Street with the Airdrie elders.  Our actual name is Drumgoloch...I think.  Then we went to Glasgow stake building and played chair football and dodge ball and got to meet a lot more missionaries.  It was so much fun!
  The name Drumgelloch actually refers to the train station east of Airdree.

November 12, 2013
Today was a long day of walking all over, going by people and on our way to a place we saw a cool looking grave site so we looked at a bunch of the decorations and flowers and things for people's graves.  Then we had dinner at Bishop Purie and his wife made some of the best curry I've every had and some Indian food.  It's funny, Bishop is Indian but born in Scotland so he has a full Scottish accent and same thing with his wife but she is from Spain.

November 13, 2013
Today was really good.  We had zone meeting and got to learn a lot of things and I also got a package from Mom today! Thank you Mom.  It took me a while to notice that they were Shay Carl Socks, then I freaked out!  They are so awesome and I'm wearing them right now and eating beef jerky while writing this.  They made my date and week!

November 14, 2013
The work has been going amazing.  We were chapping and after the second door we met Shane, an 18 year old kid and his brother and he's really into video games and was real interesting in what we had to say.  He said that "You are actually pretty normal."  Considering he believes that if you believe in vampires then you can go to either vampire heaven or hell...that's another long story but they said come by anytime.

November 15, 2013
Today was really boring.  We had to wait in the flat all day waiting forr the delivery of our beds said it would be in anywhere from 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.  So we just waited because they told us we need to be there but the night ended strong with a dinner with the Cummings and a lesson with Bill.  We said two prayers and gave him a Book of Mormon!

November 16, 2013
Today we went over to Stephan's.  He is a father of three children and plays the accordion on the bridge of Asda.  We had dinner with him and it was amazing.  if you ever stopped eating for a second he would yell at you, "Eat!"  No matter how much you eat, Ha, and it was just a ton of fun.  Every time our glass was empty he would fill it and say, "Drink!" So yeah, I'm pretty full.  Also, every time he said a joke he would wink and it was super funny.  We are also finding while looking for exercise equipment because the mission home told us we need to get some for our flat.  I am in the best shape ever!  I want to get really good with morning workouts even when I get home.

November 17, 2013
Today's sacrament meeting went really well.  It was the primary presentation and a lot of less actives showed up and it's always super cute to watch.  Tonight we went by Shane and his brother's again and had just a really good discussion that turned into an even better lesson.  Then we also went by Bill's again and I just got to know him and he's just a really nice guy.  he relapsed again and it's just so sad to see his life fall apart because of alcohol.  He honestly wants to stop but doesn't believe he can truly do it.  That's why the Lord has lead us to him.








No comments:

Post a Comment