Monday, November 11, 2013

We're working on it

All of that is really true about the boundary changes. It’s crazy that we are going to be divided from so many families. It’s almost like I’m not even going home to the same ward any more.
I know that things could be way worse here and a lot harder and Aberdeen was amazing to me. I know that what I am doing is true. It’s still hard but things are looking up. We have a couple of people to teach, it’s just really hard to start everything from kind of nothing. I can’t believe I’m already almost a 4th of the way done with my mission, That’s crazy it has flown by, but I know it’s because I’ve been busy and been working hard and I have loved every minute of it.  Next Friday we should be getting our beds but until then it looks like some more nights on the couch. We also only have one pan that we are going to be using like crazy this week. But I love it.  I love all the dodgy stories and all the things I’m doing because I know in the end everything will be ok. 

If you buy sweaters make sure they are plain and don’t have a design. Also dad has sent me some emails but they don’t go all the way through and I just get like bar codes and stuff.

Airdrie at twilight
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif
Our NICE new flat!

 





Elder Parsons fixed lunch



Elder Utley is ACE



Sweet letters from the Condies:

October 27, 2013

Dear Elder Hanson,

Oh what a great joy it has been to serve here in Aberdeen with you. You are a special young man and it’s been good to see you sharing your testimony and the gospel. You’ve been an example of Christ like attributes as you have served with your companions. I am glad to know this will not be the last we see of you as I expect a visit from you to Springville when you return home!

I want you to know I have a testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ and His atoning sacrifice. I’m thankful to Heavenly Father for His plan and the opportunity of being a mother and grandma of 34 grandchildren. I catch a better glimpse of His purposes and reasons for families and the gospel plan as I serve this mission and study the scriptures and associate with you special young missionaries.

I have read The Book of Mormon many times now and continue to learn life lessons and the experiences of these people have helped me in my personal life situations and raising my family. I know it is true. It truly is another witness of Jesus Christ and reading it daily on my mission has helped me be closer to Heavenly Father.

Please keep in touch with us. You hold a special place in our hearts as one of our most special “mission kids”.

Till the work is done….
Love ya,
Sister Condie


Dear Elder Hanson,

I say “ditto” to everything Sister Condie has said. You are a great missionary. I feel you have a special spirit that can touch the hearts of many people as you talk to them and share your testimony.

There is a special spirit in serving with you in this mission. You’re one of the Arabian Horses that responds to the call of the Master’s tent. Keep up the good work.

Keep in touch with us as Sister Condie said.
           
I know the Lord is mindful of you and will strengthen you each day. Pray to Him often and don’t stress. All you have to do is your best!

Love,
Elder Condie


Another sweet letter from Elder Howie:
November 11, 2013
Brother and Sister Hanson,
   Your son is so very proud of you two, he talked often of your deeply rooted testimonies and rejoiced and treasured your conversion story Brother Hanson, He loves you so deeply. The mission brings different struggles to each of us, but your son will be a favored servant and is a favored servant in the Lord's hand, as he lets the molding happen he will be made strong! It was indeed a blessing to serve alongside your son, I love and appreciate him and certainly do miss him and think about him often. Your letters to him are so precious to his heart and soul. You must be proud :)
   Have a great week Hanson family!
       -Elder Howie


Aberdeen with the Condies





Letter home, received November 19, 2013

Dear Family                                                                                                          Airdrie
Nov 4, 2013
Today was an awesome p-day.  We went to Glasgow with the other Airdrie Elders (Parsons & Utley) and just went around looking at the city.  It's crazy that they already have Christmas things up.  Today the four of us just pretty much hung out and had fun and went shopping for random stuff.

Nov 5, 2013
Today we had district meeting in Glasgow.  We got to take the train so that was pretty cool.  We take the train a lot here and I went on exchanges with Elder Parsons and that was a lot of fun.  He has taught me a lot with just how to act.  We also all had dinner at the Bishop's house and he is amazing.  Then we did a lot of chapping to end off the night.  We were walking at night and saw a bunch of fireworks and Bon fires in backyards.

Nov 6, 2013
Today was just a really hard sore day.  We are doing a lot more walking here and a lot of tracting but it's good.  It builds character.  It never has been easy work.  My legs feel like they are going to fall off, ha ha. We had lunch with a member in the ward, Shawn, he's a little off, but I love him.  Over all, just a simple day today.

Nov 7, 2013  (Adam's birthday)
Today we went shopping to get stuff for our flat like pots and pans and other stuff we need.  Then we had dinner at the McGowan's.  They are an amazing couple and really funny.  It's super fun to have four missionaries instead of just us two because it's always exciting.  I'm also starting to get the hang of things and I really like it.  My mind isn't racing 100 miles an hour because this is starting to be all I know.

Nov 8, 2013 
So today we went on exchanges again and I was with Elder Utley from Colorado, Elder Parson's trainee. He's a really cool guy and is really nice to be with, a little green, but good.  We went with Jamie, a man in the ward to just share a message with the widows in the ward and he got us lunch at McDonald's.  It's a lot of fun.  We also went to see Bill tonight and he's actually trying to stop drinking because he has seen how it has destroyed his life and it is just making him really tired because his body isn't used to being without it.  Even though he was a lot more alert and with it tonight.

Nov 9, 2013
Today went by super fast!  We went to charity shops to see if we could volunteer on Saturday and then we did service at Br. Smith's who is actually losing his house so we helped him move and throw away stufff and it was really hard to see because he's just a really nice guy.  You can still hear the fireworks that people have for Bobby Burns Day.  I've also been wearing a poppy flower, the last couple of days because everyone wears them here to help support the troops.  It's like 4th of July or Memorial Day.

"A Burns supper is a celebration of the life and poetry of the poet Robert Burns, author of many Scots poems. The suppers are normally held on or near the poet's birthday, 25 January, sometimes also known as Robert Burns Day (or Robbie Burns Day) or Burns Night, although they may in principle be held at any time of the year."  -Wikipedia

Nov 10, 2013
We went to church today and had some really good talks.  I also got to just stay and talk with and get to know some more  about the ward.  We had dinner at Sister Dougherty's and it was really good.  We learned that a couple of years ago she was one of the last senior Sister missionaries that went proselyting just like young missionaries do.  She served in Australia and a couple of her companions were 21 and she was like 40, but she had companions that were even older than her and she just has a strong passion for the Gospel.
Love, Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment