Monday, February 10, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

Church went pretty well.  None of our investigators went today and Ingrid is on holiday in Ireland, so she didn’t go.  We haven’t seen her since that first lesson just because she has let life and just things get in the way but that doesn’t mean she wants to stop.  We hope she’ll come next week!
We aren’t really teaching Bill anymore because he didn’t progress and teaching someone that is drunk a lot is pretty much pointless, but we still stop by to see him every once in a while 
Let me tell you about Willy,  Elder Edwards and Elder Utley went on exchange and found Willy and the next day we got an appointment and Elder Edwards said, “Oh you’ll like him.”  So I thought, “Ok, we will see what happens.”  And right when he opened the door I was like, “Wow, you’re right!”  He’s super funny and talks super fast! When we taught him he pretty much knew all he needed to do and we just pointed him in the right direction. We asked him if he could believe in a prophet today and he was the first person that I have met that has honestly said, Yeah, I think that’s just what this world needs.”  We gave him a Book of Mormon and he even said, “God will show me and tell me all I need to do so if this is right I’ll know that it’s God telling me keep going.”   He is very Glassgoweegin in just the way he acted and talked and I just love him, he is a great guy. The members are doing their best, One thing you can do when you have missionaries over is just ask, “How do I do member missionary work?”   Because that’s pretty much what our job is’ to just teach the members how to help and they are also called to where we live because they are meant to help the members specifically.
I can’t believe that happened to Heather, she is by far one of the strongest people I know and I will pray for her as much as I can.
My companion and I were actually just talking about the plan of salvation last night on how amazing it is and how great it is to just learn and become better.  We even will talk to members who think that they would have had second thoughts if they knew what their life would be like now.  But they did know and they even accepted it, jumping for joy. It still blows me away on how great God’s plan is and even when I teach it every day, I'm constantly learning more about it.
Things are going well here.  I have gotten the hang of pretty much everything now and I know I have a lot to improve on but I believe I’ll get there. I am loving my mission and it’s been more than great to me. I love you Dad!


Haggis in a can!  They better have this in the States!
[Haggis is a Scottish dish made of the heart, liver and lungs of a sheep or lamb, combined with oats, suet and other herbs and spices, and then cooked in a casing traditionally made of the animal's stomach. Thus, haggis is essentially a form of sausage.]






Rabbit!



Love, Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment