Monday, March 10, 2014

Keep Plugging Along

It was harder than I thought it would be to say good bye to Elder Edwards, but it was his time. Elder Patterson is pretty good.   He’s great, and very obedient.  We goof off a little here and there but we have been working super hard! Oh man, I’ve never been this tired. He’s from good old Idaho Falls.  He’s been out one transfer less than me, so 7 months.  He was in Aberdeen before coming here.  He was trained in Bangor, Ireland.
We were going to teach the man that came to church with his fiancé last week but unfortunately, right before our appointment his dad had a stroke and after that he went on holiday.
We met with David Orick on Saturday but he said he was "sick" on Sunday so he couldn’t go. We haven’t been able to get in contact with Willie lately either.  We pretty much started with nothing again and we pretty much chap all day every day. But, I just thought, 'This was enough, we need to be doing something better with our time.’ The ward mission leader that I love to bits, told me that "You know what, don’t worry about numbers this week, just have fun with it."  So I’m taking that to heart, I’ve been told that many times on my mission and it’s not what you do, it’s how you do it. as long as you’re doing something good, the Lord will bless you.
Being with Elder Patterson, I have realized my personality and how we are kind of the opposite but its good. Sometimes he’ll be so let down because our numbers are bad and he’ll be pretty hard on himself when things fall through, but I just feel that there are things out of our control and there is nothing we can do about it, as long as we are doing our best. This week was pretty hard but I hope that next week is a lot better.
Love you!

Letter home arrived 3/20/2014                                                                Aberdeen Scotland

March 3, 2014
Another moves week.  So we shopped and emailed but now Elder Edwards mission has come to an end. So he packed and Elder Utley is also leaving so I'll be losing two great friends.  I will be able to have another adventure and journey with Elder Patterson from Aberdeen.

March 4, 2014
Elder Edwards is off.  I went with the other two missionaries and we were a trio for the day so we just got Elder Utley ready to go and went by a few people.  It was good.

March 5, 2014
Today I met Elder Patterson.  He's really cool and we get along really well.  He is good because we really push each other.  He's from Idaho Falls and he went to Utah State.  He's the oldest of three brothers.

March 6, 2014
Today was good.  We worked really hard!  I'm tired but excited about the great work we are going to do.  He has been out six weeks less than me so we are at the same level and we had ward missionary correlation and a lot of big things are coming.

March 7, 2014
Today was good.  Unfortunately Damien cancelled because his father had a stroke.  So we had to chap the rest of the night instead.  We have done a lot of chapping lately and I'm so sick of it.  It's also worse because I wish I liked it more.  I try and I just don't.  It makes days feel longer and it makes me feel miserable.  We taught not a single lesson today.

March 8, 2014
So today we walked forever and it felt like all the morning was an entire week.  I'm getting pretty down just because I wish I was better and I wish I just liked and had fun with everything.  But, at the end of the day I was just tired and felt unaccomplished.  These are going to be a long six weeks.

March 9, 2014
So this morning I woke up thinking, "Oh no, all we have is chapping after church."  During church I got some revelation through the lessons that I know was from Heavenly Father because I asked him how I am just so unhappy with doing the Lord's work and what things I will change.  Things I will change is, my praying will be more frequent and in depth, another is that Jordan Wark challenged me to just have a fun week and not worry about numbers but be creative in the work.  It's interesting because he was giving me the answer I needed from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment