Monday, March 3, 2014

Sunday Church Visitors

Transfers are on Wednesday.  I will be getting my new companion, Elder Patterson!   I don’t know too much about him but he went into Aberdeen right after me and took my place.  This will be 6 months in Airdrie and it feels like I just got here. Today or tomorrow I’ll be saying goodbye to Elder Edwards and he will go home after touring around Scotland/ Ireland for a week.  I’m going to miss him, he was a great friend.
Yesterday was an interesting Sunday. Do you remember that guy that I wrote about that stopped his car and had us pray for his mom?  Well he went to church yesterday and had his non-member fiancé there and it was great!  They are both really great, I can tell. We will try to set up a time to meet with them this week. He is a mechanic and so it was cool talking about cars and fixing them.  She is a phone person that works for Scottish gas and I can tell she’s really nice and talks really fast. We also had David Orick come to church and it was kind of amazing. Half way through testimony meeting I was afraid because he walked out, but later I found out it was because he was starting to cry from hearing all the testimonies. Willie was busy all this week but we will try to see him again soon.
Things are going well, I’m really liking it here.  I have a lot to do, but I know I’ll get there.
Love you!  Elder Hanson

Quite a  "Lord of the Rings" collection!

Posing



I needed that!

Letter home, arrived March 20, 2014                                                          Aberdeen Scotland

February 25, 2014
Today we had district meeting and it was good.  We talked about finding and when we meet with members for it to be commitment focused for their progression with anything.  We went home teaching with Gordon Bathgate and we walked with him back to his home and it took forever because I'm not used to walking that slow anymore.

February 26, 2014
Today we are pretty full because Elder Edwards is going home and we are seeing a bunch of members this week.  We had lunch with Brian Johnston at an Indian place.  Then we went to an old folks home and got told by an old lady to get out of her house because she didn't know us.  We were just like, "We are here to see Davie."  But she thought this was place was her house...so that was an ordeal.  Later that night we did some finding ad went home teaching with Brother Easton.

February 27, 2014
Today was another funeral for a person I didn't know.  I have heard so many times in Aberdeen and in Airdrie about how many people come out to church and were active but we are lucky if a fourth of them show up and the only thing that brings some members to even step in the building again is a baby blessing or a funeral.  I don't get it.  It's so discouraging on how hard hearted the people are here.  The main religion is football.  I know more about other people's religion than they do.  Pretty much my whole mission has been like walking up a downwards escalator.

February 28, 2014
This morning we looked around the city center for medicine because I have the worse cough ever and last night I could hardly breathe, it was pretty scary.  It's hard to get some medicine because everything is named differently so we just got some crazy powerful cough drops.  Later that night all the Elders went to Brother Warks because his wife was working.  We had a good night and had chips and curry.

March 1, 2014
Today we helped the Black family clean the church building and played some basketball with Brother Smith and his children.  Afterwards we went to the Cummings and Elder Edwards wanted to see Brother Cummings' Lord of the Rings collection so we helped him dust all of it.  It was crazy.  (See picture above).

March 2, 2014
My Sunday was amazing.  We got David Orick to go to Church and we saw him tearing up after the meeting.  It was very spiritual and very good.  Later through church a man with long black hair sat next to me.  It was the man I prayed with months ago about his mother being sick.  He showed up and brought his fiance.  So we will be teaching them.  
                         

No comments:

Post a Comment