Monday, April 14, 2014

Going to Ireland!

Good-bye to the Airdrie building.
I'M MOVING TO IRELAND! 
I’m going to Holywood and Belfast city and I’m super excited.  I’ve been in Airdrie for six months now and its going to be way harder to leave than I thought. My new companion is Elder McDonald and I’ll be moving there on Wednesday. It’s funny, I wasn’t expecting it, but members told me that they will honestly miss me when I’m gone and I’ve grown so much while I’ve been in this area. I just learned to be thankful no matter what, even if you don’t think you have anything to be thankful for, and to not talk bad about anyone no matter how much you want to. I really love the Scottish people and I know I’ll miss them for however long the time I will be gone from them but I’m sure I’m going to love the Irish. I’ll be able to see my trainer Elder Holbrook, every Tuesday. 

We have gotten some new investigators and things are starting to pick up. We have gotten to meet a lot of interesting people this week and gotten to know so much about them. Sometimes I’ve had complete strangers tell me their deepest darkest secrets and I never ask for them to, haha. Also, because of where I am, I almost never see the dark, it doesn't get dark until like 8 or 9 at night and when we wake up its usually pretty bright and sunny. 
Last Monday we had one of the members take us on like a football exercise mini boot camp and my entire body was sore for about three days after. This week flew by just so fast, I can’t even believe it.  I’ll miss Elder Patterson and him singing country while we walk for hours at a time and all that we’ve been able to do and learn from each other.
Love you mom! I’ll try to make my email next week better. 

Belfast Ireland Information from Wiki:

"Belfast from IrishBéal Feirste, meaning "mouth of the sandbanks") is the administrative capital and largest city of Northern Ireland. It is on the flood plain of the River Lagan.
By population, Belfast is the eighteenth largest city in the United Kingdom and second largest on the island of Ireland. It is the seat of the devolved government and legislative Northern Ireland Assembly."

Having a car this small is dumb

We have foot soak every Friday and eat cake and this Friday we had Combernald over and all wore face masks.  One Elder has a cool setting on his camera to make things intense. 


Quotes

Saying goodbye to the Airdrie building 
Letter home received May, 19, written days posted              
                                                                                Airdrie Scotland
Monday April 7, 2014
For P-day we got the district together and Scott Crain (the Black's son) and had an insane crazy workout and got super sore and played some chair football and jammed my foot really bad.

Tuesday, April 8
Today was Elder Davidson's last district meeting and we took some good pictures.
Later we chapped and had no success but later we were in charge of the ward's mutual and taught about talking to friends about the Gospel and showed some good videos to the youth.

Wednesday, April 9
Today we did service at the thrift shop and went by some former investigators but they were not in.  Later that night we had a lesson with Willie and he's reading! He's getting a little more open.

Thursday, April 10
Today was awesome.  Elder Davis and I went to a member's who took us out to lunch at Nandes, a really good chicken place and then we had missionary correlation and to end off the night, we had dinner with Brother Wark and he told us stories about his mission in Canada.

Friday, April 11
Today we went with Jamie to see widows and they are just so nice to us and I can just see how much they love visitors.  We also went to the Black's and said good-bye because I could be moving before I see him next time.

Saturday, April 12
We did sports today with the ward and got to say good-bye to Scott Crain before he goes to a soccer tournament  where he might get recruited for a professional team.  He said he'll pretty much play for anywhere in England.

Sunday, April 13
We had an API with a guy named Chris and that fell through and I got moves call!  I'm going to Belfast in Ireland.

Monday, April 14
Today was normal email, shop pack.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment