Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Doing well

I'm fantastic.  I love it here so much and I'm having a blast.  No one that we invited to church came Sunday but we almost got a couple to go to a baptism the sisters in the ward were having. It's hard to get in to teach lessons in this area, we aren't having too much success but we are working hard on it all the time.  We always ask people when we can see them again.  I spoke in church, it went pretty well and I can already tell the ward likes me a lot. Our flat is alright, it's pretty average, kinda small but its a typical missionary flat. We live just two blocks from the building which is really nice.  It's just the two of us, me and Elder McDonald but we also have a set of sisters in the ward that will randomly make us baked goods (I think it's because they know we aren't getting too many dinner appointments).  It's a lot warmer here than it was in Scotland because it's in a gulf stream or something like that and it's getting close to summer time, so far almost every day has been really nice. The food is pretty much the same as Scotland, a lot of meat and potatoes, but other than that, pretty average like home.  Northern Ireland people don't like to be catergorized as Ireland because NI is mostly protestant and they want to be part of the UK but the republic (Ireland) dooesn't.   
I have no idea what I want for my birthday but I'll try to think of something and if I do I'll tell you.


Members give us American goodies

The picture is of the baptism of an investigator, Robert  that the sisters taught.  I got to be a witness and join in the confirmation. 

We found a bull!

I got caught eating a cupcake

Our flat




P-Day

No comments:

Post a Comment