Monday, August 12, 2013

A little ho-hum

Yeah I’m not sure how the letters are working. I have sent one each week but they take forever to get to you. 

This week took forever because all of the ‘moves’ weeks do. Everything was mixed up so it got me out of the groove and it was pretty hard. The work slowed down a lot this week but hopefully we can pick it up again. We talked to a guy on the street that didn’t believe in prophets but, he did believe in ancient aliens and ancient jet packs that people used and he says that’s why they think they are prophets.  You know - the usual. Not much has really happened this week, it was just really hard. I’m not sure why. We got two sister missionaries in our ward and a new zone leader with a trainee so a large portion of our ward is missionaries now haha. We also helped a woman in our ward move and I’m learning a lot more. The work is getting easier but I’m going to have to get a lot better if I’m going to do this for the next two years and I know that. I love you all and I love you dad, I want to go camping and get fish and chips right when I get back. I l love you too mom!

Sunday was very good.  Priesthood had a very good lesson on doing your best in your calling and it really related to me of course.  We had an okay time chapping today.  We had a goal of just knocking on five houses on each side of a potential street and I had a prompting to keep chapping on one side and we ran into an interesting atheist who actually found a Book of Mormon from his friend who found it on the ground and was going to throw it away but he kept it because he wanted to prove it wrong…but he hasn’t read it yet so that’s kind of interesting.  
I love every letter you send me.  - Elder Hanson   
                                                                                                                  On Aberdeen streets

                                                                                                                     One transfer down


                                                                                                                  Bacon comes in slabs of ham


                                                                                               They sell chocolate oranges year-round here

No comments:

Post a Comment