Thursday, September 25, 2014

Talk about bawling my eyes out (Joy)

A message to us from the Amazing Bryson's as Elder Hanson leaves them in Belfast:
"Hi Joy & Jim, just now left your big son for a while at least. Our hearts are breaking and I have not stopped crying from Sunday night. I posted on his main page. We got him a couple of new jumpers as it is or can be very cold over there and plenty of sweets and snacks for the journey. Russell and I will be forever grateful to Heavenly Father for bringing your amazing son into our lives, he has made it possible for us to have a future with Heavenly Father and given us such hope. Russell and I are working towards a Temple Marriage and we want Elder Hanson by our side when that day comes. I have always had that fear throughout my time being inactive that I would end my life and be without my family and now that fear has gone and Elder Hanson is a huge reason why that fear is gone. You son is doing and going to do amazing things. My husband is a very quiet man and does not show his feelings but tonight he cried and told me that Elder Hanson is one of the best, inspiring young men he has ever met, even when he was serving his mission. We will always be here for him and he will always be part of our wee family. We have also asked him to be the one who will baptise our 17 year old Carter which we feel will happen through our example of us living the gospel. I know we have a long road ahead but I know we will be OK. Love and prayers always. Russell & Bernie oxox"

(Side note - I do have a question, Is a 'jumper' a sweater?)

What she posted on his facebook timeline:
"Yesterday was a day of two halves, Church was amazing, great afternoon spent with my Mum and then the news our wee family never wanted to hear. We are losing our big son Elder Hanson or as we refer to him Elder Handsome . There are no words to say how much our hearts are hurting right now and to say we are going to miss him is the understatement of the year!!! We know he has to go and serve where he is needed and Heavenly Father has work for him to do with other families. I know our feelings are selfish and we know we will always have him in our family and see him again. We are so blessed to have had the Sunday at church that we did, Elder Hanson said the Sacrament Prayer and that was so special as Sunday was the first time we had partaken of the Sacrament in over 10 years. We were able to find peace in our hearts to partake because of the support, teaching, love and example of Elder Hanson and Elder Simpson. We are and will continue to be blessed by the the example and inspiration he has shown us. We will always be here for him and he will always be part of this little bit of Ireland.  much love and prayer always xo Russell & Bernie Bryson"

Written on Elder Hanson's facebook page on September 20:
"Hi Joy and all the Hanson family. I think you all know by now how much we love having Elder Hanson teaching us and how heaven sent he is. My hubby Russell has just driven the Elders back home after the most amazing and spiritual evening. Tomorrow is transfer day and not one we are looking forward to. I know I have said thank you so many times for Elder Hanson and the sacrifice you all make not having him at home but tonight myself and Russell felt so privileged to have this young man in our home and the unbelievable spirit that was here which he brought in the words he spoke. We have had a very challenging week and the wise, calm words which Elder Hanson imparted in our home tonight were overwhelming. Russell and I both feel we can go to church tomorrow with an ease in our hearts and know we are in the right place. We know you are all proud of him and also that he is where he needs to be, this may sound selfish but Russell and I both feel he was sent here for us and he will be part of our life forever. It was an emotional night but the best ever.
May Heavenly Father bless all the family and once again Thank You. Love Russell & Bernie xo"



2 comments:

  1. What great compliments! Obviously, you have changed lives, Rick! Keep up the good work! You are an amazing missionary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, I think a jumper IS a sweater. Remember when Becca had that friend or roommate visit from Australia, she said that she liked my "jumper" and I was wearing a cardigan at the time.

    ReplyDelete