Monday, September 22, 2014

Good-bye to Holywood, Hell-o again Scotland!

Yeah people are adults when they are 16 in Scotland. In Europe the clothing is a lot tighter and I've gotten pretty used to it and now I don't like baggy trousers at all. A lot happened this week, Bernice's Pastor came by her house the other day and told her that if she joined the church then she would go to hell. So she has stopped taking lessons with us but I have a feeling that she will come back in her own time. Zarah also kinda got scared because of the Word of Wisdom and tithing and we also found out that she has a boy friend now so she stopped contact with us and we haven't seen her in a couple of weeks 
Well I'm going back to Scotland!  I'm moving to Cumberland which is actually right by Airdrie and so I'll actually be able to see some old members whenever I go on exchanges over there. I was kinda hoping I was going to the Republic but whatever happens, happens.  I'm actually so sad to be leaving Holywood! I never thought I could miss a place this much, it's really hard to say goodbye to all the members and especially the Brysons. It was a really good way to finish my service here with me blessing the sacrament and Elder Simpson sitting by them while they all took the sacrament. I don't even feel like I'm leaving right now. It hasn't hit me and so I don't even want to think about what it will be like when I'm finished with my mission.  I now know what they mean when they say another country will own your heart. I have grown so much since I have been here it has been just amazing. My new comp is Elder Bates and he's just finished being trained and President told me when he gave me my moves that I'm going to make him into the amazing missionary he will become, so no pressure- haha

Farewell at the Bus Station

Good-bye to the Bryson's

The Shearers

Dermott

Johnny Shearer

Josh

A Fry Feed

Ryan
Good-Bye Elder & Sister Forsyth!

Elder Simpson and I



Exchanges in Port-a-down, it's still pretty nice there.


No comments:

Post a Comment